https://accesscentre.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/R-1.jpg 464 696 Brandi Beckett http://accesscentre.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/200Artboard-1.png Brandi Beckett2023-01-04 20:11:232023-01-04 20:11:38Canada Housing Benefit
We have had a number of calls about how one can go about applying for the Canada Housing Benefit.
Canadians must meet all the following conditions to be eligible for the new benefit:
- have filed a 2021 tax return;
- be at least 15 years of age as of December 1, 2022;
- be a resident in Canada in 2022 for tax purposes;
- have an adjusted family net income of $20,000 or less for individuals, or $35,000 or less for families;
- have paid at least 30% of their 2021 adjusted family net income on rent for their principal residence in the 2022 calendar year; and
- be able to provide their 2022 address(es) and landlord’s contact information
The last day you can apply is Friday, March 31, 2023
How to Apply for the Canada Housing Benefit
- With the online application form: 6 to 11 business days average payment processing timeIf you are unable to sign in to or register for a CRA My Account or My Service Canada Account, you may still be able to apply online: apply through the online application form
- By phone: 1-800-282-8079
7 to 12 business days average payment processing time
When to expect your payment
- Direct deposit: Direct deposit takes up to 5 business days if you have it set up with the CRA.
- By mail: A mailed cheque should arrive in about 10 business days.
For more information about this one time payment go to: How to apply – One-time top-up to the Canada Housing Benefit – Canada.ca